Our client, a local customs broker, is looking to add an Import Customs Brokerage professional to their Taylor, MI team. This is a fast-paced environment that is in search of someone with a strong customer service background and experience working for a freight forwarder, specifically with imports.
Pay range for this position is based on experience between $13.00 - $16.00 per hour and work hours are typically Monday through Friday, from approximately 12:00 PM-9:00 PM.
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
Import Customs Brokerage Duties:
Coordinates release and entry processing for air or ocean import shipments, including U.S. Customs and/or releases; arranges for final delivery after release. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify incoming documents to assure required documents are received
- Open file/data input for new shipments in brokerage system
- Notify parties of missing documents or entry elements via written or verbal communication
- Obtain arrival information from carrier’s offices or websites
- Coordinate carrier release by submitting required bills of lading and freight payments
- Prepare trucker or carrier delivery order
- Coordinate and prepare entry summary
- Monitor release status of Customs and release
- Send releases to carriers’ facility (when required)
- Communicate shipment status to customers via verbal or written communication, fax, and including spreadsheet preparation
- Arranging/coordinating final delivery
- Processing client invoice
- Maintain effective relationship with clients, carriers, forwarders, Customs etc.
- Participate fully with other team members in day to day operation of team including setting priorities, organizing, scheduling work and problem solving
Import Customs Brokerage Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- 3 years Customs related experience or import experience
Import Customs Brokerage Skills Needed:
- Fully conversant with company policies and procedures, all applicable customs laws, regulations, procedures and industry practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong PC skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to handle large volume of work
Snelling has been serving the local metro Detroit area for the past 30 years and has built incredibly strong partnerships with our clients, candidates and employees.
Import Customs Brokerage Benefits:
- Professional Work Environment
- Contract to Hire Opportunity
- Pay Commiserate with Experience
- Direct Deposit or Pay Card
- Paperless Online Time Keeping
- Six Paid Holidays
- Free Skills Enhancement Programs
- ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
- Opportunity for Advancement
Interested and qualified candidates for the opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.