Our client, an established automotive manufacturer in Dearborn MI, is looking to add a Lab Assistant to their team!
Pay range for this position is between $30,000-$35,000 annually, based on experience. Benefit package is offered as well!
This is a direct hire opportunity!
This position is responsible for providing support to the Lab and Engineering departments; including but not limited to sample sheets inventory, metal sheet preparation, shipping and receiving, general labor, driving, facility maintenance.
- Schedule, assemble and process via computer system all outgoing shipments, both UPS and truck.
- Receive and deliver all incoming shipments, excluding prototypes—both UPS and truck.
- Provide support for facility maintenance in areas that include, but aren’t limited to, landscaping, snow removal, general facility upkeep, etc. as assigned by immediate supervisor or office manager.
- Maintain and manage sample sheets inventory at Dearborn including ordering samples from the plants.
- Provide Lab support including metal sheets preparation for coating.
- Act as a driver for parts and prototype delivery for Wolverine as required.
- Secures facility access at end of shift when Facility Technician is unavailable.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality
- Associates Degree in Science or technical Engineering field required.
- Previous experience in industrial or lab setting highly preferred.
- ERP System working knowledge highly preferred (Plex, SAP)
- Valid driver license required.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint knowledge required.
- Verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with management and employees.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and e-mails.
- Organizational skills to effectively manage multiple assignments.
- Attention to detail to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily and paperwork is accurate.
- Forklift license preferred.
Snelling has been serving the local metro Detroit area for the past 30 years and has built incredibly strong partnerships with our clients, candidates and employees.
Interested and qualified candidates for the opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.