Our client, an established freight forwarder, is looking to add a Logistics Coordinator to their Romulus team. This is a fast-paced logistics team that is in search of someone to work with their customers.
Pay range for this position is between $14.00 to $17.00 per hour based on experience. Work hours are Monday through Friday (subject to change), from approximately 9:00 PM-6:00 AM. Must be open to weekends
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
Logistics Coordinator Duties:
Provide administrative support for the department.
- Tracking of inbound freight to ensure the on-time arrival of product, via email, phone and internet.
- Timely follow-up of priority orders and delivery appointments.
- Data entry and file maintenance (new item set-ups, PO tracking comments, and more as needed).
- Generate, maintain and manage reports designed to provide analytical support to specified users.
- Provide additional administrative support for the import operations team as requested.
- Reviewing/answering emails
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Process international shipments with US Customs.
Logistics Coordinator Requirements:
- High School Diploma, College degree not mandatory
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Email, Internet
- Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and - -- problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- Strong math and geography skills
Snelling has been serving the local metro Detroit area for the past 30 years and has built incredibly strong partnerships with our clients, candidates and employees.
Logistics Coordinator Benefits:
Professional Work Environment
Contract to Hire Opportunity
Pay Commiserate with Experience
Direct Deposit or Pay Card
Paperless Online Time Keeping
Six Paid Holidays
Free Skills Enhancement Programs
ACA Compliant Medical Insurance
Opportunity for Advancement
Interested and qualified candidates for the opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.